Foundation Program Manager
The THINX Foundation’s Program Manager leads the implementation of the Foundation’s flagship program called the THINX Global Girls Clubs - a 6-month educational program that provides girls with a safe space to learn about their bodies, enhance their financial literacy and explore their entrepreneurial potential. They will report directly to the company’s COO. Her/his/their key tasks will include:
- Co-manage the day-to-day runnings of the THINX Foundation alongside the company’s COO:
Maintain and respond to the firstname.lastname@example.org email account and incoming messages, requests and inquiries.
- Maintain, update, and draft all necessary Foundation and program documents such as board materials, press information, annual strategic plans, organizational and program overviews, website language and copy, monitoring and evaluation strategy.
- Work closely with Head of Press and Head of Events / Community to organize awareness-raising and advocacy events such as phone-banking, fundraising galas etc.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally when needed for design, content and customer relations purposes.
- Coordinate with the Operations Team product donations (and events related to donating product) for non-profit organizations, charities, and communities in need, when necessary.
- Manage and coordinate the implementation and growth of the GGCs with partners on the ground:
- Scope and recruit grassroots organizations - diligencing, establishing, maintaining and strengthening partnerships for the implementation of the GGCs.
- Network and establish relationships with global international development organizations in NYC, DC and beyond for collaboration, coalition and advocacy work.
- Identify and work with organizations, platforms, and products necessary for Foundation to be most effective.
- Maintain partners database with up-to-date information and correspondence logs.
- Program Implementation:
- Keep up to date and edit GGC curriculum as necessary: consult with grassroots organizations and communities on the content, format, structure, and monitoring and evaluation strategy, as well as any program development for growth of the curriculum.
- Manage the implementation of the GGCs with partners and oversee the process from start to finish - including liaising with on the the ground partner regularly; collaborating with legal team to finalise agreements (MOUs); planning, coordinating and leading training of program facilitators; coordinating running of the program with on-the-ground counterpart; ensuring budget compliance; oversee monitoring, reporting and evaluation processes.
- Write quarterly and annual reports on program progress - successes, lessons-learned and incorporating them into program development and growth.
- Maintain online reporting platform
- Plan program yearly growth and expansion strategy
- Required Skills
Bachelor degree in Gender Studies, International Development, International Education, Public Health or similar field of study; Master degree (in similar field) preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years professional experience in international program management and/or education.
- Robust experience in international project and/or program management.
- Demonstrated experience in writing and devising educational curricula for an international context.
Demonstrated experience working and partnering with grassroots organizations a must, experience working in the Global South preferred.
- Experience with training of trainors and facilitation (preferably in a Global South context).
- Strong ability to work independently, while also possessing a collaborative and creative work ethic.
- Strong strategic, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to shifting contexts and deadlines.
- Strong cross-cultural communication ability and competency.
- Positive, go-getter attitude.
- Desired Skills:
- Experience in a startup setting.
- Experience with building an organization from the ground up.
- Experience in events management, fundraising and communications.
- Experience with budget management and compliance.
- “Big-picture” thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Women’s and public health knowledge.
- Commitment to women’s health rights, globally.
- Understanding of a foreign language.
If interested, please email email@example.com with your resume and 'THINX.org Foundation Program Manager' in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!