This year, we're grateful for...
* Rupi Kaur, Kiran Gandhi, and badass British protesters (say that three times fast, yikes) for rejecting a life of “luxury” and bleeding all over the damn place--and never apologizing.
* The influx (and widespread acceptance!!) of alternative menstrual care. #Yay! :)
* The MTA….sorta (lol).
* Amy Schumer for putting out another year’s worth of stellar feminist commentary.
* Viola Davis for changing the face of the #Femmy’s and for standing up for women of color.
* Broadly for launching a channel that successfully provides a platform for female voices.
* Planned Parenthood and everyone who stood up for reproductive justice.
* Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, and the #DemDebates that brought national attention to important issues.
* Gloria Steinem and her new book My Life On The Road for showing us that feminism is a lifelong commitment.
* Suffragette for highlighting an important part of herstory that is often overlooked (but hey! We're just as thankful for the activists who were critical of it, too).
* Jon Oliver’s star-studded sex education crash course and all the sex ed professionals working to educate and empower the masses.
* Serena Williams, Mo’ne Davis, the U.S. Women’s Soccer Team, and all other female champs for reminding us what it means to “play like a girl.”
* Fearless activists like Bree Newsome who stare institutionalized racism in the face and refuse to step down.
* LaVerne Cox, Caitlyn Jenner, Sawyer DeVuyst, and all other trans people dedicated to bringing trans and non-cis issues to the mainstream.
* All these badass witches.